“Mindfulness” is simply another name for awareness; rather like the way Hoover is a commonly substituted name for vacuum cleaner.
Mindfulness practice is that of bringing the clarity of awareness to every facet of our lives – our physical sensations, emotions and thoughts. Also to the way we go about our work and to the quality of our personal and professional relationships.
And, most importantly, true mindfulness is the practice of unveiling our natural Self, the essence of who we are.
As such, what I call Heart-centred Mindfulness – to draw a distinction from the useful but limited relaxation techniques of secular mindfulness – leads to a level of blissful peace that is worth more than all the financial wealth in the whole world.
When we are willing to devote ourselves to this simple practice, Heart-Mindfulness can impart a profound purpose and meaning to our lives.
Btw: The original oriental words for “heart” and “mind” are the same and point to the truth of our “heart-mind”. Watch the videos below in which Jon Kabat-Zinn, who brought the practice of mindfulness to the attention of the world, explains …
Heart-centred Mindfulness brings numerous life-enhancing benefits
- It reduces stress at work and at home
- It improves all facets of our relationships
- It enhances our creative imagination
- It increases the clarity of logical and conceptual thinking
- It has positive effects on our physical, emotional and mental health and well-being
- It gives our lives an inherent sense of purpose and meaning
- It unveils the reality of who we truly are
- It’s enjoyable … and it’s fun! 🙂
The absolute importance of Heartfulness
Watch the videos below to see and hear what Jon Kabat-Zinn has to say about the absolute importance of “Heartfulness”.
Heartfulness is the spirit of acceptance, compassion, kindness and gratitude. These are the essential ingredients without which mindfulness (which simply means “awareness”) would lose it’s power if it were perceived, incorrectly, as nothing more than another cognitive mental technique:
I incorporate the principles of Heartfulness into all my Heart-centred Mindfulness programmes
How to get in touch
- Phone +44 (0) 117 968 3130
- Click here to send an email
May you enjoy increasing clarity, calm and abundant well-being,